- Released in 1993 as a "catch-up" for Novell's DR-DOS 6.
- Included many small changes to better support Windows 3.1.
- Introduced menu-based (multi-boot) CONFIG.SYS configurations
for system startup.
- Allow debugging "single-step" through CONFIG.SYS allowing
individual install or ignore for each entry.
- DOS 3.3 (and upward) upgrade version (DOS6UG).
- Supplimental (self-extracting) ZIP of earlier DOS versions
removed files (DOS6SUPP.EXE) available.
released separately (Microsoft thought there were
too many disks).
- Commands Introduced:
- DBLSPACE, disk compression.
rearrange layout of hard disk files
(can improve the system efficiency).
quick list of commands and their use.
link one computer to another via a cable, to
transfer files or run programs on the connected
enhanced memory-management features to make
even more memory available.
streamlined efficient hard disk backup
(replaced slow and clumsy
used only by
detect and remove computer viruses.
- Commands improved:
- SMARTDRV.SYS, now caches floppy disks too.
- Commands removed:
command moved to supplemental programs.